Arizona Public Service (APS), the largest investor-owned electricity utility in Arizona, had to redesign its bill to include new information required by regulators. In addition, APS set business objectives for the new bill: to reduce costs, enhance customer satisfaction, and provide a platform for messaging.
- APS adopted duplex printing to reduce production and distribution costs.
- The bill is clear and easy to understand in order to reduce bill-related calls to the APS call centre.
- The new bill is designed as a series of self-contained modules, allowing APS to rationalize and streamline the 37 variations of its existing bill.
Two prominent areas on the bill are set aside for messaging, one for bill-related messages and one for regulatory or promotional messages.
- The new bill uses clear, non-technical language, with explanations where necessary.
- Summary information is provided on page 1 with detail on subsequent pages.
- Graphics are used to present consumption information.
- Reference information is grouped in one place and made easy to find.
- Payment information is clarified so customers can understand what they have to pay, and why.
- Our Work |
- Arizona Public Service