We provide consulting, writing and design services to transform printed and online documents into effective business communications. This is our only business.
We create three types of documents:
- System-generated documents such as statements, bills, customer correspondence
- Legal documents such as insurance policies, terms and conditions
- Forms such as account opening packages, application forms.
Our core skills are:
- Graphic and information design
- Writing in plain language.
We also understand:
- Printing, production and distribution of business documents
- Document composition software
- Evaluating and testing documents
- Requirements of lawyers and regulators
- Project management.
When practical, we create printed and online versions of documents at the same time. Our process covers five steps:
1. Familiarization and definition of requirements
- Input from all stakeholders.
2. Concept design
- Highlevel look and feel of printed and online documents.
3. Concept models and prototypes
- Concept models of online documents, using web browser screen in HTML code
- Prototypes of printed documents, laser-printed in colour
- Concept models and prototypes show full text and detailed design.
4. Review and testing
- Review with stakeholders and usability testing of concept models and prototypes.
5. Final adjustments and design standards
- Final adjustments based on review and testing
- Documentation of design standards to facilitate implementation.